Ashtons Live View homepage updated to include new Mental Health Act resources section
Ashtons Live View is a unique online recording and communication tool that has transformed medicines management in our client hospitals and has dramatically reduced medication errors. In the first two years of use, our monitoring has shown Live View has brought about a 56% fall in the number of medication errors among our client hospitals.
But Live View is not just a communication tool, it is a multi-functional online resource for medicines management, unique in the UK. The Live View homepage gives access to a wealth of clinical information, and this has recently been expanded to include a new section encompassing resources for the Mental Health Act.
New Mental Health Act resources section
This new section provides access to the Mental Health Act codes of practice for England, Scotland and Wales. It also contains useful guides, including a ‘primer’ document that covers the basics of the Mental Health Act, guides to writing MHA forms, and a list defining medicines using BNF categories.
We have redesigned the Live View homepage to make accessing all the features and resources as easy as possible. Other information and resources available from Live View are:
- The Ashtons Formulary – a comprehensive tool to help select an evidence-based choice of medicine
- MaPPs (A Medication and Patient Profile summary) – a unique system which creates a profile summary of each patient’s medication
- Choice and Medication – an online information resource for mental health conditions and treatment
- Access to the British National Formulary (BNF) online via NICE
- Clinical guideline libraries providing the latest significant guidance and alerts from NICE, the MHRA and the NHS
- Access to the NEWT guidelines for administration of medication to patients with swallowing difficulties or enteral feeding tubes
Live View also provides access to the latest electronic editions of this newsletter.
We are always looking for new ways to provide more high-quality information for you, and our latest development is no exception. For more details about Live View, please visit see our Live View page.