QS180: Serious eye disorders
This NICE quality standard was published in February 2019 and covers the diagnosis and management of cataracts, glaucoma and age‑related macular degeneration (AMD) and the prevention of sight loss. It is expected to contribute to improvements in avoidable sight loss, health-related quality of life, patient safety incidents, and social isolation of adults with serious eye disorders.
It makes six quality statements on:
- Referral – chronic open angle glaucoma and related conditions
- Referral for cataract surgery
- Treatment – late age-related macular degeneration (wet active)
- Monitoring late age-related macular degeneration (wet active)
- Reassessment – chronic open angle glaucoma or related conditions
- Certificate of vision impairment
For more information please visit the NICE website.