PHE Protocol for ordering, storing and handling vaccines
This protocol applies to all staff involved in immunisation. It aims to ensure that vaccines are stored and managed properly so that immunisations are carried out safely and efficiently.
Staff should ensure that:
- Orders are placed every 2-4 weeks according to need
- Vaccine is promptly stored in a fridge after delivery, maintaining the cold chain at all stages
- There are no leakages, damage or discrepancies in the delivered vaccine
- Stock is properly rotated – shortest expiry date used first
- A stock information system keeps track of orders, expiry dates and running total of vaccines
- Orders are placed in sufficient time to ensure that there is an adequate supply for clinics
Photo take from here. No changes made.