Nice Type 1 diabetes in adults (NG17)
Type 1 diabetes affects over 370,000 adults in the UK and it results from destruction of the cells that normally make insulin.
Type 1 diabetes is treated by insulin replacement therapy, which aims to recreate normal fluctuations in circulating insulin concentrations.
Topics updated from the 2004 guideline include:
- Diagnosing type 1 diabetes
- Structured education programmes
- Insulin preparations and regimens
- Needle length for insulin injections
- New technologies for glucose monitoring and insulin delivery
- Primary prevention of cardiovascular disease
Photo taken from here. No changes made.