NG27: Transition between inpatient hospital settings and community settings
This guideline aims to improve people’s experience of admission to, and discharge from, hospital by better coordination of health and social care services.
NG27 includes recommendations on:
- Person-centred communication and information sharing, and care
- Developing a care plan and explaining what type of care the person might receive
- The establishment of a hospital-based multi-disciplinary team
- During hospital stay
- Discharge from hospital
- Supporting infrastructure
- Training for people involved in the discharge process.