Mental health problems in people with learning disabilities (NG54)
This NICE guideline covers the prevention, management and assessment of mental disorders in people with learning disabilities. NICE aims for this guideline to help people with learning disabilities who also have mental health problems. They want to improve assessment and offer more support for everyone involved, including families and carers of the patient.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- Organising and delivering care.
- Involving people in their care.
- Prevention, including social, physical environment and occupational interventions.
- Annual GP health checks.
- Psychological interventions and how to adapt these for people with learning disabilities.
- Prescribing, monitoring and reviewing pharmacological interventions.