Cataracts in adults: management (NG77)
This NICE guideline was published in October 2017 and covers managing cataracts in people aged 18 and above. The key aim of this guideline is to improve the quality of care throughout the process of cataract surgery, including before, during and after. It will do this by optimising service organisation, referral, and surgical management, and reducing complications.
This NICE guidance makes recommendations on the following:
- Patient information
- Referral for cataract surgery
- Preoperative assessment and biometry
- Preventing wrong lens implant errors
- Surgical timing and technique
- Preventing and managing complications
- Postoperative assessment.
For more information, please visit: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng77