Autism spectrum disorder in under 19s (CG128)
This NICE clinical guideline was updated in December 2017 and covers recognising and diagnosing autism spectrum disorder in children and young people from birth up to 19 years. It also covers referral. It aims to improve the experience of children, young people and those who care for them.
It includes seven recommendations including:
- local pathway for recognition, referral and diagnostic assessment of possible autism
- recognising children and young people with possible autism
- referring children and young people to the autism team
- autism diagnostic assessment for children and young people
- medical investigations
- communicating the results from the autism diagnostic assessment
- information and support for families and carers
For more information please visit the NICE website.