NG146 Workplace health: long-term sickness absence and capability to work
This NICE guideline was published in November 2019 and covers how to reduce recurring sick leave and how to help people return to work after long-term sick leave. It also covers how to help prevent people moving from short-term to long-term sickness absence.
It makes eight recommendations on:
- Workplace culture and policies
- Assessing and certifying fitness for work
- Statement of fitness for work
- Making workplace adjustments
- Keeping in touch with people on sickness absence
- Early intervention
- Sustainable return to work and reducing recurrence of absence
- People with a health condition or disability who are not currently employed
For more information, please visit the NICE website.