Improving medicines management in hospices
Maintaining and improving the quality of medicines management is a constant challenge. We have been successfully helping hospices with this for over 20 years.
We will help you to promote the safe and effective use of medicines. This will not only positively affect the day-to-day lives of your patients, but it will also help to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
We aim to:
- Improve your patients’ experience
- Promote the safe and effective use of medicines
- Create more efficient processes
- Help you benchmark performance
A reputation for safe and effective patient care will bring you many benefits.
Below, we outline some of the ways we will help you achieve this, as well as details of some products you may find useful.
We hope this information is helpful.
Developing a pharmacist partnership
Our pharmacists specialise in clinical pharmacy. They will become important partners to your clinical team, providing best practice guidance to help you reduce errors and meet regulatory requirements.
- Regular Visits
- Clinical review of prescription charts
- Medicines management audit
- Advice and drug information
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings on medicines management
Better information and reporting
Our reports will support your internal governance procedures, monitor quality and safety, and promote the cost-effective use of medicines. All pharmacist reports are now submitted electronically, using the innovative and unique Ashtons Live View System.
- Ashtons Live View System
- Ashtons Pharmacy News
- Quaterley evaluation reports
- Medication reports
- Financial reports
Improving patient involvement
Patients should understand and be involved in their choice of treatment. We will help you improve patient choice and involvement by providing better information on a wide range of medicines and conditions.
- Medicines: A Patient Profile Summary (MaPPs) resource for producing bespoke leaflets for patients
- ‘Choice and medication’ website
- Patient Information leaflets
- Encouraging self-administration of medicines by patients
Enhancing the consistency of your service
We will help you maintain a consistent, safe and cost-effective service by producing a comprehensive range of reports, and providing assistance with our experienced and expert senior management team.
- Bench-marking of hospice performance
- Management of the introduction of new drugs and treatments
- Review of policies
- Ongoing support with regulatory compliance
- Wide range of training for clinical and healthcare staff
Products to help improve your medicines management
A drug record book to provide a robust audit trail for controlled drugs (Code: CDR1) (£15.95+VAT)
A unique record book to improve the security of medicines at risk. (Code: DLM1) (£15.95+VAT)
Designed to help you record important clinic room data more effectively and improve regulatory compliance (Code: FOLDER5) (£34.95+VAT) (Refill pack – AF17) (£10.95+VAT)
A safer way to dispose of Controlled Drugs, with an innovative water soluble sachet (250ml single – Code: AHP0017) (£4.13+VAT) (1 litre twin pack – Code: AHP0016) (£24.08+VAT)
To provide you with a one stop shop for all your medical supplies, you can now access our full, recently expanded range.
Our collection of products includes:
- Diabetes testing products
- Drug and alcohol testing kits
- Ophthalmic accessories
- …and much more
To set up an account, simply call us on 0845 222 3550