A new approach to medicines management
Our range of pharmacy services has been designed, developed and continually refined for over 25 years to help our hospital clients meet the specific requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS) and the Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW).
By using Ashtons, your hospital will receive a high quality and consistent service, which will help you manage your medication safely and effectively and to meet regulatory and best practice requirements.
Our specialist clinical pharmacists provide clinical advice to support regulatory compliance and help improve medicines management for our clients.
At the same time our pharmacy support team is focused on the rapid supply and delivery of the right medicines at the right time.
We add further value to our clients’ services by offering carefully developed training packages.
If you would like further information about the ways we can help you achieve this, please call us on 0345 222 3550.
Maintaining best practice and professional standards in medicines management is crucial to the delivery of high quality patient care.
We ensure our clients are using medicines management policies and processes that meet these standards and are in line with regulatory requirements.
- Specialist clinical pharmacist visits
- Ashtons Live View – our electronic reporting and clinical information system
- Comprehensive range of documentation systems
- Continuous and ongoing advice and support for corporate teams
Helping to maintain and develop the reputations of our partners is a key goal for Ashtons.
During regulatory inspections, we will always have a specialist pharmacist either at your site or monitoring the process by telephone.
We will also work with you to review your medicines policies and procedures to help minimise clinical risk and help you achieve best practice standards.
- Pharmacist support during regulatory inspections
- Help with pre- and post- inspection reports
- Mock inspection service also available
Our training courses are tightly focused to be relevant to the needs of doctors, nurses and healthcare assistants working for our healthcare partners.
They support compliance goals and help enhance skills and continuous development.
- Clinical training seminars
- Clinical e-learning modules
- Training seminars for healthcare assistants
- First aid, life support and mandatory training
- Range of clinical guidance booklets
- Nurse competency assessment
Every course we run is designed to promote good practice in medicines management and reinforce the existing skills of your teams in order to reduce the risk of medication errors.
Our research has indicated that obtaining a consistent, reliable and legal supply of stock medication is becoming increasingly challenging for some hospitals. This is largely due to the complexity of acquiring and maintaining the MHRA’s Wholesale Dealer’s Licence.
Our research also highlighted that some NHS Trusts are considering giving us this licence for the above reasons.
The impact of the MHRA’s requirements has resulted in some hospitals having to obtain medication from different sources, such as community pharmacies, hospital trusts and pharmacy wholesalers, creating a hybrid system that is often overly expensive, complex, and time-consuming for nursing staff to manage.
If your hospital is having difficulty obtaining medication, we would be delighted to help you.
- Everything you need in one simple daily delivery
- Order online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Management of your emergency drugs
- Clozapine management service
- Support from our dedicated Customer Services Team
- Clinical pharmacist support available until 10pm every day of the year