Introducing a new era in electronic prescribing and medicines administration.
Electronic prescribing could reduce medication errors by 50%
The government has current targets in place for all healthcare facilities to become paperless by 2023. This will include patient records, pharmacy reports, prescription charts and ordering.
A key aspect of developing a paperless system in any healthcare facility is the introduction of an electronic prescribing and medicines administration (EPMA) system. The Department of Health itself believes the rollout of electronic prescribing systems could reduce errors by 50%.
However, many EPMA systems are often highly expensive and unnecessarily complex.
Ashtons e-Works is different – a simple, affordable alternative
Ashtons e-Works is a unique system that has been designed as an affordable and easy-to-use alternative, that is perfectly suited to the requirements of independent hospitals and hospices. It will allow you to manage both your patients’ prescriptions and the administration of their medication, 24/7, from anywhere with internet access.
Ashtons e-Works replaces paper medication records, such as prescription charts, and is transformational in improving the safe prescribing and administration of medication. It will also ensure faster access to medication, reduce duplications of patient records and help to free up staff time.
- Remote access, 24/7, anywhere with internet access
- Full audit trail of prescribing and administration records
- Facilitates a flexible approach to prescribing
- Prescribing dates and times automatically generated
- Clinical decision support system
- Medicines administration scheduler
- Clearly displayed medication due status
- Reasons for non-administration easily recorded
- Integrated pharmacy review tools
- Extensive reporting tools
– All features deliver a reduction in medication errors, helping patients to receive the right medication at the right time
– This helps increase patient safety, the quality of treatment provided and, in turn, leads to better healthcare outcomes
– Remote access for prescribing, 24/7, will help doctors to work more efficiently and reduce unnecessary site visits
– Clinical decision support, plus better access to clinical information and flexible prescribing options, helps enhance the accuracy and effectiveness of prescribing
– Transforms the way nurses manage medicines administration, making it simple to identify patients who are due medication and easy to record details
– Removes the need for nurses to manually search prescription charts
– Significant improvements in managerial oversight and extensive reporting tools
– Helps staff work more efficiently and reduces paper usage, with few training requirements due to the system’s simple, intuitive workflow
– Full audit trail of prescribing and administration records supports regulatory compliance
– All features and benefits combined lead to overall improvements in quality, safety and compliance