An electronic formulary, accessible via Live View
Developed exclusively for our clients, Ashtons Formulary is accessible via Live View. It offers information on the use of medication in line with best practice and evidence-based guidelines.
It is designed to be as supportive as possible and includes relevant information to assist decisions about medication use, without being restrictive.
All medicine options are cross-referenced to guidelines such as NICE and SIGN, with recommendations of other established clinical guidelines, including the Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines and the British Association of Psychopharmacology.
If you would like to know more about the Ashtons Formulary and how it may be of benefit to you, please call us on 0345 222 3550 or complete the contact form at the foot of the page.
The Formulary also provides:
- Which conditions a medicine is licensed for
- Information on appropriate off-label use and assistance with good prescribing guidelines
- RAG (Red, Amber, Green) rating guidance
- Price – to facilitate cost-benefit decisions
Individual medicines monographs
- Recommended tests before and during treatment
- Recommendations for prescribers on counselling patients
- Prescribing information for patients in special groups
- Side-effect comparison with similar drugs
Links to external resources
- Manufacturer’s patient information leaflets
- British Association of Psychopharmacology (BAP) guidelines
- NEWT guidelines for patients with swallowing difficulties
- NICE guidelines