MHRA – Corticosteroids e-Learning module launched
The MHRA have added to their provision of online training with this latest topic which is concerned with how to identify, manage and avoid side effects when using corticosteroids. This module is a key practical aid for doctors, pharmacists and nurses, and it covers:
- Recognition of commonly used corticosteroids
- Important corticosteroid adverse effects
- Factors that increase the risk of adverse effects
- How clinicians and patients can reduce the risk
- Specific treatment of the adverse effect
The learning module on corticosteroids has been approved for up to two continuing professional development (CPD) credits by the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK.
Corticosteroids isn’t the only free e-learning course the MHRA are offering, as there are 11 others which are listed beneath:
- Oral anticoagulants
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Devices in practice
- Basic observations
- Anaesthetic machines
- The operating table
Photo taken from here. No changes made.