Named Patient Supplies are suitable to use whenever stock drugs are not appropriate
This includes when ordering:
- Unlicensed medication
- Controlled drugs
- TTO and Discharge medication
- Blister packed medication
Important information for emailing/faxing orders
– Please order well in advance of your cut-off time
– All emailed/faxed orders must be placed using the Ashtons Pharmacy Order Form
– Please ensure names are clearly written in full – first name and surname. Dates of Birth are also useful.
– Please ensure handwriting is clear, easy to read and in black ink
– Please double check medication names before writing your order
– Always include Ward Name in the ‘Ward’ box and record sender’s name and time in the appropriate box
– Use separate order forms for Named Patient, Controlled Drug and stock orders. For governance purposes and patient confidentiality, these order types should never be mixed on the same form.
– Order forms should only be used once. Please do not reuse for any future orders
– Always include the date on the order form – for named patient and controlled drug orders this is a legal requirement
– Please ensure that there is sufficient space on the form to order all medications for each patient. Do not split a medication order over two pharmacy order forms as they are processed individually.
– Once your order is faxed, please call the Ashtons Customer Services Team to confirm receipt of your order and its accuracy.
– For TTO and blister packed medication please provide the time and date the period of leave starts and finishes.
– Blister packed medication requires a copy of the current drug chart
If you need help
If you have any queries about your orders, please call our dedicated in-house Customer Services Team on 0345 222 3550.
They are there to help you.